Hello loyal blog readers. I know I have been MIA for a long time now. But the parenting thing, the work thing and the photography thing have been keeping me busy. I am, however, happy to report that I’ve been making an effort to get back to the cooking thing. I’ve organized my Pinterest recipe boards and I am putting them to use. No better day than a Sunday and nap time to get some cooking done.
Today I present to you my version of Southwestern Stuffed Peppers. My inspiration for this is Simply Love Food’s Southwestern Stuffed Peppers.
- Bell Peppers
- Ground Beef
- Black Beans
- Thawed frozen corn
- Shredded Cheese (I used a mix of cheddar and monterey jack)
- Half the peppers lengthwise, remove seeds and place in a casserole dish. Pour a small amount of water in the casserole dish to prevent the peppers from burning during baking.
- Cook the rice according to package directions
- Mix the rice, meant, black beans, corn, cilantro and salt.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
Happy pinning, recipes and otherwise!