The weekend is finally here! And let me tell you…I’ve been looking forward to this weekend for a while. Besides the very needed couple of days off, weekends are also days for special breakfasts. Now, of course special breakfasts mean different things to different people. Today I am sharing the breakfast burrito!
The breakfast burrito is actually not as difficult to make as I thought. Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that I didn’t actually make these breakfast burritos? Our friend S shared his recipe and was kind enough to make it for us too. The preparation turned into a production line, which got everyone involved. I contributed by documenting everything.
The whole process is simple and not too time consuming.
Make your weekend breakfast a special and hearty one.
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onion
- Meat of your choice
- Cooked diced potatoes
- Scrambled eggs
- Top tortillas with cheese and warm in microwave for 1 minute, until cheese is melted
- Top with tomatoes, onion, meat, potatoes and eggs and salsa
- Roll the burrito as follows:
- Fold the tortilla in half
- Fold over the ends
- While holding the ends of the burrito roll the burrito over
- Make sure not to overfill the burrito