My adorable little feet turned 1 today. Time sure does fly. To mark the occasion, I baked blueberry muffins. I know it’s not the traditional cupcakes. But I figured that muffins are probably better for the daycare crew.
After a quick search, using my handy iPhone All Recipe App, I came upon “Blueberry Muffins to Die for”. Who wouldn’t want to try muffins with that title? Luckily, I had all the ingredients on hand. With my new Kitchen Aid stand mixer prep was a breeze. The recipe makes 8 large muffins. I doubled the recipe (but ran out of sugar) and had enough for 16 regular sized muffins. The muffins are still very tasty even with the lower amount of sugar.
Hopefully the little munchkins will enjoy the muffins and the celebration.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Combine 1½ cups of flour, ¾ cup white sugar, salt, baking powder.
- Add vegetable oil to a one cup measuring cup, add the egg and enough milk to fill to the top of the 1 cup measurement.
- Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.
- Fold in blueberries and pour the mixture into prepared muffin tin.
- Mix the remaining sugar, flour butter and ground cinnamon using a fork until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the muffins prior to baking.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean.