The recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen.
Roasted Turkey with Maple Cranberry Glaze
Author: Paula Deen
Recipe type: Entree
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon House Seasoning, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 (15-pound) turkey
- Stuffing, if desired
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12-ounce bag) cranberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup cranberry juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- House Seasoning:
- ¼ cup salt
- ¼ cup black pepper
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the butter, House Seasoning, parsley, shallots, and garlic. Thoroughly rinse and dry the turkey.
- Tuck the wings underneath the body and place the turkey in a roasting pan.
- Rub the butter mixture all over the turkey.
- I stuffed the turkey with cooked rice and dried fruit.
- Roast for 18 minutes per pound (including stuffing weight, if using).
- The turkey is done when an instant-read thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the thigh (and deep into the stuffing) and registers 165 degrees F. and the juices run clear.
- Remove from the oven and loosely tent with foil.
- Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let simmer until the cranberries burst, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and let cool.
- Reserve for turkey.